Professional Business Accountant
Students will have a comprehensive foundation in multiple aspects of business with a major emphasis on accounting. This is not a degree program and does not profess to be one. It is a high level accounting program designed to provide substantial skills that the graduate can utilize on graduation.
- Program Length is 19 months
- Program is delivered online
- Graduates are prepared to register to write the PBA Entry to Practice Designation Exam with Professional Business Accountants' Society of Canada
Upon completion, graduates will be comfortable moving directly into a junior level accounting position. The PBA program is designed to prepare graduates of the program to register to write the PBA Entry To Practice Designation Exam with the Professional Business Accountants' Society of Canada.
As an Education Assistant or Special Education Assistant, you will be assisting elementary and secondary school teachers to support students requiring special needs instruction. The Program produces graduates that are in-demand by school district and the curriculum is condensed and ends close to when school districts are hiring, ensuring that students have the best possible chance at employment.
- Average starting wage is up to $25.13/hour in BC and ranges between $18.55 - $30.18/hour in Alberta
- Program length is 10 months (40 weeks)
- Program includes 8 additional certifications
- Offered in classroom or online-based format
Are you customer focused? Have a sense of professionalism? Are you organized and enthusiastic? Want to work as part of a healthcare team? Consider a career as a Dispensing Optician.
The Dispensing Optician is an integral member of the eye-care team who designs, produces and fits eyeglasses, contact lenses and specialized products for their clients. Through theory and lab courses, students gain a comprehensive education in the areas of eyeglass dispensing, contact lens fitting and automated refraction. Emphasis is placed on interpersonal communication, customer service and professional practice. This program prepares students to successfully complete the national licensing exam.
As a Dispensing Optician, you could find employment in an:
- Optometry Clinic
- Optical Store (Independent or Chain)
- Ophthalmology Office
- Lab (Optics)
As a Health Care Assistant, you will be providing care to older adults who depend on you for quality daily care, encouragement and support. The Program has been offered at Stenberg College for over 20 years and maintains an excellent reputation for training students that are exceptionally prepared for employment after graduation.
- Earn $17 - $21/hr
- Program is only 30 weeks long
- The Health Care Assistant Program delivered by Stenberg College has been granted a full, five-year recognition status by the BC Care Aide & Community Health Worker Registry.
- FREE College English Language Preparatory Program and ongoing ESL support
- 100% of Program graduates employed in industry
- Industry partners include Kinsmen Lodge and Evergreen Baptist Campus of Care
Pharmacy Technicians are a critical part of the health care team. Working closely with Pharmacists, they ensure that the highest standards of quality and accuracy are met in the compounding and dispensing of drugs that are vital to the survival and well-being of their patients.
- The Program was awarded accreditation in 2009 by the Canadian Council for the Accreditation of Pharmacy Programs (CCAPP)
- Wages in BC hospitals range from $25-$28/hr (for graduates who have completed the requirements to become Regulated Pharmacy Technicians)
- Wages in AB hospitals range from $26-$32/hr (for graduates who have completed the requirements to become Regulated Pharmacy Technicans)
We were the first program in British Columbia to receive the status of Full five year accreditation. Only graduates from programs accredited by CCAPP are eligible to take the national and provincial exams required to become Regulated Pharmacy Technicians. We have formal affiliation agreements in place with all health authorities in BC and Alberta, as well as other health authorities across the country, and with many community pharmacies and pharmacy chains.
As a Practical Nurse, you will be delivering care as part of a primary health care team, working in public and private facilities. Licensed Practical Nurses, or LPNs, care for a wide range of clients in different types of settings ranging from health promotion, to acute care to long-term and palliative care. Our Program follows the most updated Provincial Practical Nursing Curriculum (2011) and graduates are qualified to write the Canadian Practical Nursing Registration Examination (CPNRE) and upon passing can register and become licensed through the College of Practical Nurses of BC (CLPNBC).
- Wages range from $24.01-$25.50/hour
- Program length is 18.5 months (74 weeks)
- Free Biology 12 Upgrading
- Flexible scheduling options: Evening/Weekend Program available