Stenberg College's mission is to offer exceptional career-oriented programs. We achieve excellence in education through our sustained commitment to program quality, outstanding student services and the professional development of our faculty, staff and alumni.
We are currently seeking a full-time Curriculum Designer. The Curriculum Designer oversees the creation, revisions and implementations of curriculum relevant to a portfolio of programs and acts as an advisor to content experts, faculty and the Directors.
Responsibilities of this position include:
- Designing and developing new interactive combined delivery, online and simulation based programs and courses;
- Designing and developing interactive eLearning and video tutorials/presentations;
- Working with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and other stakeholders to identify program and course outcomes, as well as assist with developing course content;
- Managing various design and development projects at one time;
- Designing and developing initial program and lab schedules for all new programs;
- Completing accreditation reports as required;
- Preparing program changes and new program approval submissions and other documentation for regulatory agencies;
- Ensuring all instructional design and development meets the quality and educational standards as defined by Stenberg College and other regulatory bodies;
- Researching new methods of design, development and instructional delivery for both in-class and online programming;
- Attending conferences and/or regulatory meetings as a college representative (travel may be required);
- In collaboration with Educational Delivery team members, ensuring that all new instructors are properly oriented to all required curricula.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Post-Secondary Education in Adult Education or Training & Development or Instructional Design or Information & Learning Technologies
- Adult Education Credential / Online Learning Certification / Project Management credential is an asset.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in designing and developing curriculum rooted in adult learning best practices, including the development and alignment of learning outcomes with assessments;
- At least 2 years’ teaching or training experience with adult learners, with some experience in an E-learning delivery environment preferred;
- 2+ years’ developing online courseware;
- Experience with learning management systems (Moodle, Desire 2 Learn) and eLearning development tools such as Articulate, Camtasia, Captivate, and Visio is an asset.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and flexibility to adapt to changing requirements and priorities;
- Proven project management skills.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Please use your name and "Curriculum Designer” as your subject line. Please include your salary expectations in your cover letter.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.