Advanced Leadership Skills For Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs)
This course has been designed to support LPNs in making the transition from front line care providers to leaders/managers. The program is intended to prepare LPNs to take on leadership roles in varied health care settings and further develop their practice to include core competencies of confident and skilled leaders.
Course Length: 12 weeks (40 hours)
Credential Upon Completion: Certificate of Completion
9 Modules including:
- Leading, Managing and Following in Canadian Health Care Systems
- Developing the Role of the Leader and Manager
- Legal and Ethical Issues
- Cultural Diversity in Health Care
- Making Decisions and Solving Problems
- Building Teams through Communication and Partnerships
- Understanding and Resolving Conflict
- Practicing and Leading in Interdisciplinary Settings
- Selecting, Developing and Evaluating Staff & Managing Personal/Personnel Problems
- Designed specifically for LPNs, however other nursing professionals such as RNs and RPNs may also participate. Proof of licensing / registration is required. Participants must have basic computer skills and access to a computer with internet access.
Course Fee: $795 (tuition) + $84 (textbook)
Stenberg College Practical Nursing and Psychiatric Nursing Alumni receive a 25% tuition discount.
Industry Partners and host site employees also receive a 25% tuition discount.
Course Delivery & Upcoming Dates:
September 12, 2016
Offered in an online delivery format (combined online and instructor-facilitated learning).
To register or for more information about this course, please send an email to email@example.com or call 604-634-2479.