Careers at Stenberg
Employment Opportunities at Stenberg College
At Stenberg College, staff and faculty work together to create and foster a positive learning environment geared towards student success. We are committed to empowering our students with education to achieve their personal and professional goals.
Stenberg is focused on delivering the best health care and human services programs with an emphasis on practicum education and innovative delivery. Our programs are developed in close alliance with employers and industry, ensuring that students are being taught relevant and needed skills for a meaningful career.
We are also committed to the success of our faculty and staff. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through participating in development workshops / in services several times a year. Our faculty is encouraged to continue to further their teaching education through working towards completion of our In Class or Online Instructor Development Course. Nursing Faculty are required to participate in, and work towards completion of the National Association of Career College’s Instructor Development Program – Level I & II
We regularly recognize the achievements and excellence of our employees and communicate to them that they are valued and respected. Our environment encourages opportunities and many of our employees have grown into different roles that meet their professional development goals. But we have fun as well and hold several social events and community initiatives that are jointly organized by different departments so that everyone has an opportunity to create culture at Stenberg.
We Believe In
- Professionalism – We each add value through sharing knowledge and expertise.
- Quality of life – We work hard but it is balanced with personal life. We believe this balance is critical to personal success and that it must be respected.
- Having fun – We laugh and have fun at work.
- Respect – We treat everyone with respect and consideration.
Our Benefits Include
- Group RRSP
- Extended medical plan, including travel insurance
- Personal & Sick days (allotted per year for full-time employees)
- Paid vacation
- Flexible work schedule
- Opportunity for professional development and advancement
- Lunch & Learns
- Competitive wages
- Social events
- Foundations for Excellence in Teaching program for faculty
- Employee Recognition Program
- Free access to fitness facility (at campus location)
We are currently hiring for the following positions:
Duties & Responsibilities
- Update, modify and maintain existing in-class, online, and simulation-based programs, courses and activities within Stenberg’s learning management system
- Ensure all curriculum content and revisions make the quality and educational standards as defined by Stenberg College and other regulatory bodies
- Ensure that all new instructors are properly oriented to all required curricula and online learning and instructional resources
- Send end-of-course evaluation forms to instructors, evaluate responses and assist the Curriculum Developer in implementing changes
- Work as a service and information provider to other areas of the college in regards to curriculum related questions – e.g. scheduling, prior learning assessments etc.
- Attend conferences or regulatory meetings as a college representative – travel may be required
- Coordinate, chair, and/or present at the End of Program meetings, PAC meetings and Faculty meetings for existing programs
- 2 years of post-secondary education or equivalent experience
- Excellent computer skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Superior organizational skills
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and a minimum typing speed of 45wpm
- Ability to manage several concurrent projects under tight deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with a learning management system, such as Moodle, as an administrator, instructor, or student
- Experience using Google Docs, Sheets, and Drive
- Project Management certification or experience
- Experience using eLearning development tools such as Camtasia
- Education and or experience in design or delivery of Adult Education learning
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and cover letter to [email protected] with ‘Curriculum Coordinator’ as the subject line. Please state salary expectations in your cover letter.
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted.
The Dean of Academics (RDPN) is a member of the senior Academic Development & Delivery Team and is responsible for the oversight of educational quality and management of the Regional Psychiatric Nursing (RDPN) program, including acceptance of students in to the program; developing, updating and signing off on the didactic curriculum including the block labs in partnership with the Curriculum Developer assigned to the RDPN program, overseeing the delivery and student success for the didactic portion of the program including evaluating student success, liaising with regulators, nursing authorities & internal education development and delivery team committees.
This individual will be responsible for the management of the RDPN Program, Manager of Education Delivery and RDPN Program Regional Lab Manager(s) and will play a huge role in meeting the program’s core strategic objectives of ensuring student learning and success while fostering a highly engaged, diverse, and distinguished faculty.
- • Coordinates the implementation of the RDPN Program’s Vision, Mission and Strategic Goals and sets academic goals for the department (didactic delivery) to achieve and maintain high standards in academics and teaching processes.
- • Leads and coordinates the RDPN program didactic curriculum development including conducting curriculum quality assurance checks as per Stenberg College’s curriculum development quality assurance standards.
- • Delivers at least one didactic course per semester to remain current and relevant in Adult Teaching principles and practices, as well as model the way for the RDPN didactic delivery faculty.
- • Manages, supervises, evaluates and supports the RDPN Department Leadership Team in a manner that promotes excellence in development, delivery, scholarly and creative productivity.
- • Ensures quality education for the didactic portion of the program. This will be measured by management and faculty practices and performance, student satisfaction and success rates, regulatory compliance, and adherence to TEC & Stenberg College educational policy requirements.
- • Oversight of the Human Resources Management for the RDPN administration and instructional team. This will be measured by the quality of hiring decisions, development of a high performing didactic delivery team, conducting regular reviews with all staff members, and adherence to TEC/Stenberg College HR policies. Measures will also include staff satisfaction, turnover, and instructional quality.
- • Conducts Strategic Planning Sessions, General Meetings, and regular meetings must be scheduled and conducted to ensure that the awareness and an opportunity to contribute are clearly recognized by all didactic delivery team mates.
- • Represents the program and Stenberg College to the professional bodies relevant to where the program operates. It is the vision of Stenberg College that the Academic Dean will lead the expansion of both the reach and scope of our RDPN program.
- • Collaborates on non-educational functions that are supplied by other departments such as Marketing, IT, Operations and Admissions to ensure successful intakes of students and representation of the program externally.
- • Develops a departmental budget for the didactic delivery portion of the RDPN Program and submits monthly forecasting updates.
- • The preferred educational qualification is a Doctorate in Psychiatric Nursing or Education. Individuals with extensive nursing educational experience who are at the doctorate level or enrolled in a doctoral program will be given consideration.
- • Must be a Registered Psychiatric Nurse.
- • Candidates must have experience leading a team and a demonstrated commitment to involvement in the expansion of the profession. A proven dedication to lifelong learning in a professional environment must be demonstrated.
- • The individual must be an educator with a demonstrated commitment to Psychiatric Nursing and substantial proven experience in that specific field.
- • Travel to regional sites may be required.
The successful candidate is someone who takes a collaborative approach to working with staff and faculty at various stages of development. You must be highly organized and have excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
Qualified candidates are invited to forward a resume and cover letter to [email protected] with “Dean of Academics – RDPN Program” in the subject line. Please include salary expectations in your cover letter.
To learn more about our RDPN Program, please visit the following link: http://www.stenbergcollege.com/program/nursing/psychiatric-nursing/
This program ensures that students gain a comprehensive education in the areas of eyeglass
dispensing, contact lens fitting and automated refraction. Emphasis is placed on interpersonal
communication, customer service and professional practice. This program prepares students
to successfully complete the national licensing exam.
The successful candidate will be a Licensed Optician who is registered with their Provincial
Regulatory Body. He or she must have at least 3 to 5 years’ experience in the field. Superior
communication and problem solving skills, computer literacy, and a proven ability to plan
and organize tasks is a must. Previous online instructing experience would be an asset.
Stenberg College provides a full curriculum for each course. A thorough orientation and
training to teaching online is provided through completion of Stenberg College’s Online Instructor
Development Course. Ongoing support is provided to both faculty and students.
If you are passionate about sharing your knowledge, skills, and abilities with future Dispensing
Opticians then we want to hear from you!
Qualified candidates are invited to forward a resume and cover letter to [email protected]
with “Dispensing Optician Instructor ” as the subject line.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
These clinical opportunities focus on the Acute Psychiatric, Medical-Surgical, and Geriatric areas. They will be located in the following areas and cities:
- Lower Mainland
- Fraser Valley
- Vancouver Island
- Prince George
- Dawson Creek
Clinical Instructors are responsible for training and educating students while on their clinical experience within various hospital units. Additional responsibilities include providing ongoing student feedback and acting as a liaison for the college and industry partner.
Instructors will have an opportunity to mentor, support, and develop future RPNs while promoting a collaborative, positive, and enhanced learning environment.
There is a full curriculum for each course and a thorough orientation would take place prior to stepping into the clinical environments.
- Must be a member in good standing with the CRPNBC or CRNBC.
- Completed or working towards a Bachelor’s in Psychiatric Nursing, Nursing, or a related healthcare field.
- Minimum of five years current clinical experience in the area of instruction.
Interested in inspiring future leaders in the RPN Community? Come join the Stenberg Team!
Qualified candidates are invited to forward a resume and cover letter to [email protected] with “RDPN Clinical Instructor” in the subject line.
To learn more about our RDPN Program, please visit the following link: http://stenbergcollege.com/programs/healthcare/psychiatric-nursing
Registered Psychiatric Nurses to take on the role of contract Lab Instructors in
If you want to help make a difference in the lives of others and your community, consider
applying for a leadership role that positively influences the next generation of RPNs!
You will be given the opportunity to share your knowledge and expertise with students in
a hands-on learning environment. These lab opportunities focus on general nursing skills
as well as the Older Adult/Geriatrics area. They will be located in the following areas and
- Lower Mainland
- Duncan (Vancouver Island)
- Vernon (Okanagan)
- Dawson Creek
- Prince George (Northern BC)
All labs are about a week long and we strive to accommodate you and your current employment.
Stenberg College is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive compensation and professional development funding to all educators.
- Must be a member in good standing with the CRPNBC.
- Completed or working towards a Bachelor’s in Psychiatric Nursing, Nursing, or a related healthcare field.
- Minimum of five years current experience in the area of instruction.
If you are passionate about sharing your knowledge, skills and ability to future RPNs, we want to hear from you!
Qualified candidates are invited to forward a resume and cover letter to [email protected] with “RDPN Lab Instructor” in the subject line.
Instructor within our Practical Nursing (PN) Program. You must be registered, and have a
minimum of three years current and relevant experience in the following areas:
- Terms 1 & 2 – Geriatric / Complex care
- Term 3 – Mental Health, Maternal/Child Health, Home Support/Assisted Living or Public Health
- Term 4 – Acute care
- Lab instructors require experience in Acute care, Mental Health, Maternal/Child Health, or Public Health
There is a full curriculum for each course and a thorough orientation would take place prior to stepping into the classroom, lab or clinical environments. Prior teaching experience is a definite asset.
If you are passionate about sharing your knowledge, skills and abilities with future PNs then we want to hear from you!
Qualified candidates are invited to forward a resume and cover letter to [email protected] with “Practical Nursing Instructor” in the subject line.
Special Education Assistant (SEA) diploma program. This program is delivered both in the
regular classroom setting, as well as combined in-class and guided online learning formats.
Stenberg College has extensive experience delivering programs in a variety of formats, with
hybrid program delivery being one of the most innovative and pedagogically sound.
Instructors are responsible for delivering the core content of the program. We provide the
curriculum. You bring it to life using a variety of instructional techniques and delivery
A thorough orientation to the college and curriculum would take place prior to stepping
into your role. Ongoing support is provided to both faculty and students.
- Bachelor of Education/Special Education Assistant Diploma
- A minimum of 5 years current and relevant experience as a Support/Learning Assistance Teacher or District Integration Teacher or ABA Support Worker
- Strong organizational, communication and collaboration skills
Classroom delivery is 9:00 am to 3:00 pm, Monday through Friday, at our campus in Surrey.
Qualified candidates are invited to forward a resume and cover letter to [email protected] with “Special Education Assistant Instructor” in the subject line.
families, and groups to overcome blocks to wellness and achieve personal goals. Students
will obtain the skills necessary to create an environment conducive to therapeutic growth,
explore a variety of counselling modalities, and empower clients to face diverse challenges.
Students will transform theoretical knowledge into practical skill through frequent role
plays, simulation weeks, and supervised counselling practice with clients. They will also
obtain the skills necessary to launch their own private counselling practice from the development
of the initial business and brand plan, to building clientele and managing finances.
Desired Skills and Experience
For Faculty and Clinical Supervisor positions:
• Master’s level designation (Master Practitioner of Clinical Counselling (MPCC), Master Therapeutic Counsellor (MTC), or Master’s degree in Clinical Counselling is required.
• A minimum of eight years of clinical counselling experience including a minimum of three years at the Master’s level.
• Superior communication and problem solving skills, computer literacy, and a proven ability to plan and organize tasks.
For Subject Matter Expert and Curriculum Reviewer positions:
• A counselling credential.
• A minimum of five years of clinical counselling experience.
• Excellent writing, organization, and critical thinking skills, and comfort with Microsoft Office applications.
This program prepares students to meet the requirements to become registered with the Association of Cooperative Counselling Therapists in Canada (ACCT) and the Canadian Professional Counsellors Association (CPCA). Curriculum in this program corresponds to the competencies set by the Federation of Associations for Counselling Therapists in British Columbia (FACTBC), of which both ACCT and the CPCA are members of the task group who supported the creation of the competency profile for Counselling Therapists.
This individual will be responsible for the instructional delivery of dynamic and engaging assigned courses of study by using appropriate teaching and learning techniques within the college’s policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements.
• Must be a practicing Pharmacist, Pharmacy Technician, or Pharmacy Assistant in the province of British Columbia with a minimum of three years’ experience
• Experience in hospital or community setting (both would be ideal)
• Sound knowledge in computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrates confidence, positivity, and a strong work ethic
• Teaching or instructional experience would be an asset
A thorough orientation to the college and curriculum would take place prior to stepping into your role. Ongoing support is provided to both faculty and students.
Qualified candidates are invited to forward a resume to [email protected] with “Pharm Tech” as the subject line.