Careers at Stenberg
Employment Opportunities at Stenberg College
At Stenberg College, staff and faculty work together to create and foster a positive learning environment geared towards student success. We are committed to empowering our students with education to achieve their personal and professional goals.
Stenberg is focused on delivering the best health care and human services programs with an emphasis on practicum education and innovative delivery. Our programs are developed in close alliance with employers and industry, ensuring that students are being taught relevant and needed skills for a meaningful career.
We are also committed to the success of our faculty and staff. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through participating in development workshops / in services several times a year. Our faculty is encouraged to continue to further their teaching education through working towards completion of our In Class or Online Instructor Development Course. Nursing Faculty are required to participate in, and work towards completion of the National Association of Career College’s Instructor Development Program – Level I & II
We regularly recognize the achievements and excellence of our employees and communicate to them that they are valued and respected. Our environment encourages opportunities and many of our employees have grown into different roles that meet their professional development goals. But we have fun as well and hold several social events and community initiatives that are jointly organized by different departments so that everyone has an opportunity to create culture at Stenberg.
We Believe In:
- Professionalism – We each add value through sharing knowledge and expertise.
- Quality of life – We work hard but it is balanced with personal life. We believe this balance is critical to personal success and that it must be respected.
- Having fun – We laugh and have fun at work.
- Respect – We treat everyone with respect and consideration.
Our Benefits Include:
- Group RRSP
- Extended medical plan, including travel insurance
- Personal & Sick days (allotted per year for full-time employees)
- Paid vacation
- Flexible work schedule
- Opportunity for professional development and advancement
- Lunch & Learns
- Competitive wages
- Social events
- Foundations for Excellence in Teaching program for faculty
- Employee Recognition Program
- Free access to fitness facility (at campus location)
We are currently hiring for the following positions:
At this time, we have immediate openings for RNs in the following areas:
Older Adult Clinical
Clinical Instructors are responsible for providing educational support to the RPN students in during their clinical placement; including where appropriate laboratory days, ensuring the safety of students’ clinical practice. Clinical instruction can be provided on a full-time basis or a part-time basis depending on the nature of the preceptorship support.
- Must be registered with CRPNBC
- For Medical/Surgical placements the instructor must be registered with CRNBC
- Preferred qualifications include a Bachelors of Nursing (or equivalent), Masters in Nursing and/or a Doctorate
- Minimum of five years in the field in which the course is focused on
- Current CPR/Standard First Aid HCP level
- Criminal Record Search Clearance
- Computer Skills
- These positions report directly to the Program Manager
The expectations for all faculty teaching in a clinical area include, but are not limited to:
- Act as a liaison between clinical agencies and the College as requested by the Program Manager
- Be available to students during the designated time for the clinical practicum.
- Arrange time to meet with students in the assigned clinical section in order to provide feedback, return papers, give evaluations, etc.
- Follow course syllabus and College Policies and Procedures, and offer pedagogical experiences that are congruent with the Program philosophy.
- Demonstrate clinical expertise in the assigned clinical area by sharing knowledge, critical decision making, and technical skills with students.
- Support student’s professional learning and growth.
- Follow the policies of the clinical agency/s where students are placed.
- Contact the Program Manager as required in a timely manner when a problem or potential problem arises.
- Keep anecdotal notes on students’ performance as appropriate.
- Complete student clinical evaluation documentation (with input from the student and the clinical agency).
- Meet with course/faculty team monthly within a semester as required (Note: These can be ‘distance’ meetings and do not necessarily have to be face-to-face meetings).
- Maintain satisfactory interpersonal relationships with students and agency personnel.
- Encourage students to complete course evaluations as and when appropriate.
- Maintain professional registration with the appropriate registrative body(ies).
- Identify personal developmental needs and form appropriate plans for same to be discussed with the Program Manager.
- Engage in periodic evaluation and any curricula revisions/updates as required.
- Provide input into, where appropriate, clinical educational policies and procedures for the RDPN program.
- May be required to complete educational development courses offered by Stenberg to continue working as a clinical instructor
Qualified candidates are invited to forward a resume and cover letter to [email protected] with “RDPN Clinical Instructors” in the subject line.
- Terms 1 & 2 – Geriatric / Complex care
- Term 3 – Mental Health, Maternal/Child Health, Home Support/Assisted Living or Public Health
- Term 4 – Acute care
- Lab instructors require experience in Acute care, Mental Health, Maternal/Child Health, or Public Health
There is a full curriculum for each course and a thorough orientation would take place prior to stepping into the classroom, lab or clinical environments. Prior teaching experience is a definite asset.
If you are passionate about sharing your knowledge, skills and abilities with future PNs then we want to hear from you!
Qualified candidates are invited to forward a resume and cover letter to [email protected] with “Practical Nursing Instructor” in the subject line.
Instructors are responsible for delivering the core content of the program. We provide the curriculum. You bring it to life using a variety of instructional techniques and delivery methods.
A thorough orientation to the college and curriculum would take place prior to stepping into your role. Ongoing support is provided to both faculty and students.
- Bachelor of Education/Special Education Assistant Diploma
- A minimum of 5 years current and relevant experience as a Support/Learning Assistance Teacher or District Integration Teacher or ABA Support Worker
- Strong organizational, communication and collaboration skills
Classroom delivery is 9:00 am to 3:00 pm, Monday through Friday, at our campus in Surrey.
Qualified candidates are invited to forward a resume and cover letter to [email protected] with “Special Education Assistant Instructor” in the subject line.
The successful candidate will be a Licensed Optician who is registered with their Provincial Regulatory Body. He or she must have at least 3 to 5 years’ experience in the field. Superior communication and problem solving skills, computer literacy, and a proven ability to plan and organize tasks is a must. Previous online instructing experience would be an asset.
Stenberg College provides a full curriculum for each course. A thorough orientation and training to teaching online is provided through completion of Stenberg College’s Online Instructor Development Course. Ongoing support is provided to both faculty and students.
If you are passionate about sharing your knowledge, skills, and abilities with future Dispensing Opticians then we want to hear from you!
Qualified candidates are invited to forward a resume and cover letter to [email protected] with “Dispensing Optician Instructor ” as the subject line.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We are currently seeking a Financial Aid Officer to join our team!
This is a maternity leave coverage position. Under the direction of the Director of Admissions, the key responsibilities of the position include:
- Advising and guiding potential students of all of their possible funding options;
- Explaining the Government Student Loan program and benefits to new applicants;
- Supporting individuals with applying for Student Loan funding and providing appropriate guidance throughout the process;
- Educating potential students & key influencers regarding the value of their investment in education;
- Building and maintaining accurate and complete electronic student files;
- Entering, tracking and reconciling payments and invoicing for overdue amounts;
- Assisting in the development of systems and procedures for financial services;
- Informing students of the College Tuition Refund Policy and Dispute Resolution Policies.
The successful candidate will have a post-secondary education (preferably in finance/business, counseling, and/or communications) as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Having a strong problem solving ability and working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Access, and Excel is a must. An understanding of the private college industry would be beneficial.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and cover letter (with “Financial Aid Officer” as your subject line) to [email protected]. Please state salary expectations in your cover letter.
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted.
We are currently seeking a full-time Career & Alumni Services Coordinator to join our Industry Relations Team!
This dynamic individual will oversee the administration and instruction of Career Strategy Courses across all Stenberg programs and the administration and maintenance of all Alumni Services. The successful candidate will be supporting alumni through their job search upon program completion as well.
The Career & Alumni Services Coordinator will exhibit self-motivation, energy, creativity and interpersonal relationship expertise that will have a substantial impact on Stenberg College Alumni participation, while enhancing the image and positive partnerships with the College.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Orient students to the expectations of the on-line Career Strategies Course and inform them of their login details, interview schedule and overall course expectations
- Mark and provide written feedback on student resumes and cover letters during the Interview meetings
- Coach students and alumni in interview skills, resumes, cover letters profiles and job-search networking skills
- Monitor student activity on Moodle, ensure welcome letters and reminders are posted and respond to student questions throughout the eight week online course
- Prepare printed material for orientation and interview feedback sessions
- Deliver feedback on revisions and provide support by communicating in-person, through emails, Moodle messaging or by phone
- Assist alumni in their job search by working with industry partners and researching employment opportunities to forward to potential candidates.
- Host weekly job shop sessions for current students and alumni. This may include delivering presentations on skills development, organizing a guest speaker or working one-on-one with students to support the development of resume/cover letter and interviewing skills.
- Previous experience in health care or human services, recruitment or employment coaching
- Relevant post-secondary education
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and organization skills
- A strong understanding of working well with a diverse group of individuals of all ages and cultural backgrounds
The successful candidate will demonstrate a deep and genuine interest in the welfare of Stenberg Students and Alumni in order to build and grow strong, committed, long-term relationships congruent with the values and vision of the College.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and cover letter to [email protected] with ‘Career & Alumni Services Coordinator’ as the subject line. Please state salary expectations in your cover letter.
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted.