Accounting and Financial Management
- Delivery Method: In-class
- Duration: 92 weeks
- Starts: February, June, October
- Credential: Diploma
- Credit Transfer (Articulation): Completion of Stenberg's Accounting and Financial Management program will grant students 48 credits toward a Bachelor of Business Administration at Yorkville University.
The Accounting & Financial Management program provides the education required for an accounting and financial manager in the areas of: Accounting, Cost Accounting, Statistics, Information Systems, Business Law, Ethics, Economics, Communications, Financial Management, Canadian Taxation, General Management, and Human Resources. Graduates will have a comprehensive foundation in multiple aspects of business with a major emphasis on finance and accounting.
Applicants for the Accounting and Financial Management program must complete the following:
- Mature student status (19+ years of age) or completion of Grade 12 within the Canadian Education System
- English 121
- Math 11 Principles, Foundations of Math 11, Pre-Calculus 11, Accounting 11, or Algebra 11 with a grade of C or higher OR Completion of the Stenberg College Math assessment with 70% or higher
- Stenberg College entrance interview
- Completion of the Computer Proficiency Entrance Testing with a score of 70% or higher
- Completion of a Criminal Record Consent Form under the Criminal Record Review Act
1 (English 12 with a grade C or higher or Communications 12 with a grade B or higher. Entrance requirement can be met through alternate acceptable English assessments such as the English 12 Challenge Exam or Communications 12 Challenge Exam with a score of 70% or higher. Also, alternate English equivalency assessment tests (TOEFL, IELTS, CLBPT, CAEL, CELPIP, LPI and ELET) are acceptable – see details at end of interview guide)
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Openness and desire to learn
- Goal oriented and motivated
- Computer skills: Internet, email, word processing, excel
- Reliable and possionate
- Strong attention to detail
Financing Your Education
You could be eligible for Employment Insurance funding for education, government student loans, as well as other financing options; Stenberg’s Financial Aid Officer would be happy to provide further assistance.
– Jeremy Sabell
President, Stenberg College
More Like This
Registered Psychiatric Nurses are highly in demand and practice as part of a multidisciplinary team in a variety of settings, including psychiatric units, mental health clinics, and mental health and addictions outreach teams.