Interested in a career that combines cardiology and technology? Stenberg’s Cardiology Technologist diploma program prepares graduates to work in hospital and clinical settings, conducting a wide variety of diagnostic procedures including ECG, Stress Tests, Holter Monitoring, and Event Monitoring.
Our program is recognized by the Canadian Society of Cardiology Technologists (CSCT). Stenberg graduates are prepared for employment immediately after graduating, or may choose to continue their education and pursue a Bachelor of Health Sciences.
Please note, Stenberg College offers a variety of free upgrading courses and challenge exams in order to help students meet these admission prerequisites. Please contact a Program Advisor to discuss your academic options.
- Grade 12 Biology (minimum grade C+)*
- Grade 12 English (minimum grade C+)*
- Grade 11 Math (Principles, Foundations or Pre-calculus) or Applications of Math 12 (minimum grade C+)*
- Grade 11 Science – Chemistry or Physics (minimum grade C+)*
- Passing Stenberg College entrance examination
- Passing Stenberg College entrance interview
- Successful completion of a short written essay
- Passing Verbal Test of English if English is a Second Language
- Completion of a Criminal Record Consent Form under the Criminal Record Review Act
* Admission Access: Licensed / Registered Healthcare Professionals (who have completed Grade 12 and a post-secondary healthcare program) are exempt from specific secondary coursework requirements.
Prior to Program Admission, Program Advisors will outline practice education requirements for the program. Upon enrollment, you will be informed of next steps and timelines. Non-compliance could result in program dismissal. Requirements for practice education placements include:
- Acceptable Criminal Record Search under the Criminal Record Review Act
- Proof of Immunity Status as required by industry
- Acceptable Medical Examination Form completed by a physician
- Cardiac Life Support Certification
NB: Additional criteria may be required to fulfill industry guidelines; students will be informed in advance of any requirements that need to be fulfilled for placements.
Financing Your Education
You could be eligible for Employment Insurance funding for education, government student loans, as well as other financing options; Stenberg’s Financial Aid Officer would be happy to provide further assistance.