Veterinary Office Administrator
- Delivery Method: In-Class
- Duration: 39 weeks, including a 3-week practicum
- Starts: Twice per year (May and Sept)
- Credential: Diploma
- Wages: Up to $18/hour with opportunities for advancement
If you are looking for an exciting career in the Animal Care Industry, Stenberg College’s Veterinary Office Administrator Diploma program will train you with the highly transferable skills necessary for this in-demand career.
Stenberg’s Veterinary Office Administrator Diploma program combines veterinary office administration, client customer service and animal health & wellness training. Veterinary Office Administrators provide support to Veterinarians, Veterinary Technicians, Animal Welfare Attendants, Animal Shelter Attendants and the Pet Owners. Veterinary Office Administrators function as an integral part of the Veterinary and Animal Shelter practice by managing the front office, assisting with animals and clients, and ensuring smooth operation of the clinic or shelter. While Veterinary Office Administrators may occasionally assist with animals, their primary job duties are administrative.
- Completion of Grade 12 or 19 years of age or older
- Minimum typing speed of 20 WPM
- Passing Stenberg College entrance examination
- Passing Stenberg College entrance interview
- Successful completion of a short written essay
- Passing Verbal Test of English if English is a Second Language
- Completion of Criminal Record Consent Form under the Criminal Record Review Act
Prior to Program Admission, Program Advisors will outline practice education requirements for the program. Upon enrollment, students will be informed of next steps and timelines. Non-compliance could result in program dismissal.
Financing Your Education
You could be eligible for Employment Insurance funding for education, government student loans, as well as other financing options; Stenberg’s Financial Aid Officer would be happy to provide further assistance.
More Like This
Are you looking for a rewarding career in hospital administration? As a Hospital Support Specialist, you will be trained to provide valuable clerical, secretarial and administrative support in public and private health care settings.
If you’re looking for a rewarding career in healthcare administration, you’ll love being a Medical Office Assistant. Medical Office Assistants assist in preparing patients for physicians, surgeons and practitioners, as well as performing general office and medical office duties.